Introduction: Interchangeable Herbs & Spices Necklace
Throughout this Instructable I will show you how to make a sweet, interchangeable, spice vessel necklace. I kind of made it up as I was going. I started with the jars, and kept asking myself over and over again how I would attach them to a necklace still allowing them to come in and out...Finally the light-bulb turned on...ELASTIC BANDS!!!!! VERY TINY ELASTIC BANDS!!!
- Cool glass jars
- Dental elastic bands
- Hemp string
- Crafting wire
Where to Find The Supplies:
Step 1: Cut Your Hemp String
- Cut about 4 feet of hemp to work with.
- Now cut this 4 feet in half to make two 2 foot pieces.
Step 2: Tying the Elastic Bands Together
- Tie three Dental elastic bands together using a cow hitch (the next image shows a detailed diagram of the knot being tied using larger elastic bands).
- Repeat step one and connect both to the O-ring.
This is not the easiest thing in the world to accomplish. But once you've got it down, it's not tooooo bad.
REMEMBER: The Dental elastic bands are very strong! You can stretch these babies far to help you get this knot down.
Step 3: Attaching the Hemp
Step 4: Attaching the Clasp
- Cut your hemp to the length of your choice on either side.
- Thread the hemp through both Jewelry Clasp pieces and tie a knot.
- Like in the previous step, wrap your wire neatly around securing the hemp.
- Make sure to trim any access wire and hemp.
Step 5: Add Your Vessels!
- Now add your Cool tiny glass jars to the necklace!
- Simply stretch out the elastics and insert the jar through until the elastic is tight around the jar's neck.
- Fill with spices of your choice.
- I love having Salt and Pepper with me wherever!