Ever wanted to make your own application (*.exe) to work with your arduino (or other serial communicating device)?
This instructable requires:
- Visual Studio 2008 or later* (I am using 2010 RC, some options may differ between versions)
- Visual C# Express Edition 2008 or later*
- An Arduino (Any type) or other kind of serial communicating device
- A basic knowledge of the C# Language
* An earlier edition of VS may work, but I am not sure if it has the SerialPort library.
Step 1: Create a new application
If you are adding the Arduino support to your pre-made program, then just add the SerialPort class. If you are more advanced, you may want to make a plain code file with just the SerialPort library, so that you don't keep defining it.