Introduction: Internet Connected Lamp W/ Pandora
This is a walkthrough of the steps taken to create a LED lamp that plays audio from pandora and can be controlled from a web browser.
Step 1: Gather Supplies
You will need:
1. Raspberry Pi
2. 16 RGB LED's
4. Soldering Equipment
5. 3D Printed Base and Cover
7. Assorted electrical equipment (Wire, resistors, transistors)
8. Adafruit PWM board
Step 2: Create the LED Array
Place the 16 LED's in a proto-board as shown such that the ground pin is always second from the edge of the board.
Step 3: Solder LED's
Fold down all of the leads in each row as shown, solder them together and then solder a wire onto each pin. Complete for all four sets of LED's
Step 4: Salvage Speakers
Remove speakers from casing but keep amplifier and input intact.
Step 5: Create PWM Amplifier
Create a PWM Amplifier that has both a 5V and a 12V source and steps up the PWM current.
Step 6: Connect PWM Amplifier to LED Array
Connect the corresponding RGB and Ground pins on the LED's to the PWM Amplifier.
Step 7: Connect PWM Amplifier to Adafruit Board
Connect corresponding pins together on the PWM Amplifier and the Adafruit board.
Step 8: Connect Adafruit Board to Raspberry Pi
Connect corresponding pins together between Adafruit board and Raspberry Pi.
Step 9: Connect Speakers to Raspberry Pi and PWM Amplifier
1. Plug in the 1/8" audio plug into the headphone port on the Raspberry Pi
2. Connect the amplifier to the 12V power supply on the PWM Amplifier
Step 10: Program Raspberry Pi
1. Make sure the the raspberry pi is up to date with the latest raspbian linux version
2. Install the wiringPi software package and configure it to run I2C
3. Follow the adafruit tutorial to get all the software needed to run the PWM board
4. Populate the files below in your apache server directory (/var/www by default).
Link to the script: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sb7cpq9ehr7pv54/AAAgwr...
Step 11: Design a Website
Create a custom website with 3 sliders and PHP code to send data to C++ script...
Link to our code: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sb7cpq9ehr7pv54/AAAgwr...
Step 12: Put It All Together
Secure all of the components into the base with the LED's secured in the center of the opening.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.