In a world of increasingly intrusive technologies, one sector hasn't quite wiggled its way into our beloved hive-mind. That sector, ladies and gentlemen, is laundry.
Where would we stand as humans in the 21st century without the ability to feverishly check the status of the things we hold closest to our naked bodies - our clothes - while they tumble round and round in seemingly endless ecstasy? How could we live, unsure of the availability of a washer or dryer for our wet and dirty garments, longing for redemption?
It is with great pleasure that I give to the world: open source Internet Laundry.
Step 1: Materials
- 2 - AC Optocouplers (Lite-On LTV-418H)
- 1 - 56K Ohm Resistor
- 1 - 560 Ohm Resistor
- 1 - 1uF capacitor
- 1 - perf board (prototyping circuit board)
- 1 - Raspberry Pi + accessories (power, ethernet, SD card)
- a length of 4-conductor cable.
- 1 - 3 pin 0.1" female header
- male+female polarized connectors for connecting the 4-conductor cable to the perf boards
- Soldering Iron
- Wire Strippers
- Volt Meter