Where would we stand as humans in the 21st century without the ability to feverishly check the status of the things we hold closest to our naked bodies - our clothes - while they tumble round and round in seemingly endless ecstasy? How could we live, unsure of the availability of a washer or dryer for our wet and dirty garments, longing for redemption?
It is with great pleasure that I give to the world: open source Internet Laundry.
Step 1: Materials
- 2 - AC Optocouplers (Lite-On LTV-418H)
- 1 - 56K Ohm Resistor
- 1 - 560 Ohm Resistor
- 1 - 1uF capacitor
- 1 - perf board (prototyping circuit board)
- 1 - Raspberry Pi + accessories (power, ethernet, SD card)
- a length of 4-conductor cable.
- 1 - 3 pin 0.1" female header
- Soldering Iron
- Wire Strippers
- Volt Meter