Please note: These instructions were accurate for the old Raspberry Pi boards and the older version of Raspbian, but there have been big changes recently which require new steps, at least on the software side. The up-to-date instructions (kernel > 3.18, Raspbian as of Feb 2015) are on ispresso.net.
iSPRESSO is an appliance modification comprised of Raspberry Pi computer, solid state relays, temp sensor, buttons and a display, a custom Printed Circuit Board, and custom linux shell scripts and a good bit of python code. The instructions to build, including source code, is available on this site and ispresso.net
- Programmable software PID Controller for precise boiler temperature control
- Configurable Pre-soak time, wait time, and brew time
- Controllable from web browser, iPad, iPhone (Android coming soon) on WiFi network
- Schedule allows programmable on / off timing for each day of the week
- LCD readout for system status, toggle buttons for operation
- Smart Connect for easy setup to your WiFi network