Articulo is a new take on the traditional 'tradesman's radio', incorporating durability, functionality and aesthetics into one package. Through the use of a flexible middle section the device can be wrapped around, hooked on or otherwise attached, securely, to its surroundings. Simple twist controls operate the volume and station settings, these are easy to use and are less vulnerable to damage from build up of dirt. A large push button on the end of the device allows easy on/off. Articulo is made to last, employing a tough weatherproof outer casing to ensure it is as durable as it is functional.
Step 1: Materials List
- 300mm length of 100mm internal diameter white piping, 2-3mm thick.
- 700mm length of 50mm diameter aluminium semi rigid ducting.
- Large sheet of 2mm white styrene (exact amount will vary with different vacuum formers)
- 800mm2 of 9mm mdf,
- 200mm of 12mm diameter doweling
- 200mm of 8mm diameter hollow metal piping.
- 6 x ball bearings (internal diameter: 12mm, external diameter: 28mm, width: 8mm)
- Epoxy resin
- 44x 45 block of pine.