Today's aim is to become a Mechanical Engineer. From the provided Engineering design a wooden toy paddle boat will be constructed in real-time. The assembly is simple and requires no additional knowledge. Have fun!
Do not consume Super Glue.
Keep away from eyes.
Be careful not to glue finger to wooden boat because the glue bonds very quickly.
With pieces cut and ready (10 minutes or less)
With pre-made boat kit (free)
From scratch (approximately $9.00 + tax)
Step 1: Supplies & Equipment
1 Boat Base
1 Square Block
1 Smoke stack
1 Paddle Wheel
1 Rubber band
2 Tubes of Super Glue
From scratch (created in same order as parts listen above):
(1) 5/8 in. x 3.5 in. x 6 ft. Pine Dog Ear Picket ($1.48 at Home Depot)
(1) Bag of Wooden Pegs ($0.79 at Michael's)
(1) 1 in. x 6 in. x 6 ft. Pine Dog-Ear Picket ($2.15 at Home Depot)
(1) 1 in. diameter x 2 ft. long wooden cylinder ($0.89 at Michael's)
(1) 3 1/2 in. x 9 1/2 in. x 1/16 in. Wood Door Hanger ($0.79 at Michael's)
(1) Advantage 2 oz. Assorted Rubber Bands ($0.98 at Home Depot)
(1) Super Glue Gel Glue 2-Pack ($1.97 at Home Depot)
Step 2: Attach Pegs
Step 3: Attach Square Block
Step 4: Attach Smoke Stack
Step 5: Set Up Paddle Wheel
Pick up both the paddle wheel and the rubber band. First wrap the rubber band around the paddle wheel. Next attach both ends of the rubber band to the pegs of the wooden boat.
Now slowly and carefully rotate paddle wheel towards you. When a sufficient number of revolutions have been made, release the paddle wheel. Finally, test out the wooden paddle boat in water and have fun!