Introduction: Introduction to "Puppy Chow"
This scrumptious snack, "Puppy Chow", is easy to make and is kid friendly. Making this can be used as a simple passtime for the enjoyment of friends and family! This yummy snack only takes about 15 minutes to prepare and enjoy striaght after that. "Puppy Chow" is a chocolatey delight with a hint of peanut butter! We hope that you find our instructable informative and helpful! Enjoy!
*This recipe contains peanut butter. Peanut butter can be substituted with any product you prefer.
Step 1: Gather the Ingredients
9 cups of rice, corn, or chocolate Chex cereal.*
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1-quart microwave-safe large bowl
2-gallon resealable plastic bag
*you can also use a mixture of all cereals as long as the total measurement is correct.
Step 2: Preparing the "Puppy Chow" ~Part I
1) Into a large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2) In a 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir. Then, microwave for about 30 more seconds; Or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
3) Stir in vanilla
4) pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
Step 3: Preparing the "Puppy Chow" ~Part II
5) Pour the mixture into a resealable 2-gallon food-storage bag.
6) Add powdered sugar to bag; seal.
7) Shake until well coated
8) Pour onto waxed paper to cool
9) Store in an airtight container in refrigerator
Step 4: Conclusion to "Puppy Chow"
"Puppy Chow” is an incredibly simple to make. This sweet snack is great for parties and football games with the guys! We hope that our instructable has been informative to you!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.