*This recipe contains peanut butter. Peanut butter can be substituted with any product you prefer.
Step 1: Gather the Ingredients
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1-quart microwave-safe large bowl
2-gallon resealable plastic bag
*you can also use a mixture of all cereals as long as the total measurement is correct.
Step 2: Preparing the "Puppy Chow" ~Part I
2) In a 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir. Then, microwave for about 30 more seconds; Or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
3) Stir in vanilla
4) pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
Step 3: Preparing the "Puppy Chow" ~Part II
5) Pour the mixture into a resealable 2-gallon food-storage bag.
6) Add powdered sugar to bag; seal.
7) Shake until well coated
8) Pour onto waxed paper to cool
9) Store in an airtight container in refrigerator