Introduction: Intruder Detection Calling System
I have made a simple device called "Intruder Detection Calling System" using arduino. This device sends a call on the telephone number feeded in the code, whenever it senses any movement. It is a portable device which can be easily installed on the main gate of the house. It is useful when the residents have gone out and the house is empty. In such a scenario, if somebody tries to break in, my device can sense movement and alert the owner by sending a call on his mobile phone.
Step 1: Material Required
- Arduino uno / nano - I have used arduino nano in my device but it should work perfectly with arduino uno as well.
- A bread-board for mounting arduino nano
- PIR sensor
- SIM900 GSM/GPRS MODEM W/RS232
- A SIM card
- Some male to female wires
- A 9 Volt battery
9V battery cap with DC barrel
I bought all these materials from Makerskart.
The number of the SIM card that you'll be using in the device should be saved in the contact list of the house owner. It can be saved as " Somebody's trying to break in" or "Alert!!" or whatever the owner feels like.
Step 3: Assembling the Device
Connecting SIM900 GSM/GPRS MODEM W/RS232 with Arduino
SIM900 GSM/GPRS MODEM W/RS232 -- Arduino
RX -- D10
TX -- D9
GND -- GND
Connecting PIR Sensor with Arduino
PIR Sensor -- Arduino
VCC -- 5 V
OUT -- D5
GND -- GND
- After the wiring is complete, insert the SIM card in SIM900 GSM/GPRS MODEM W/RS232.
- Power the SIM900 GSM/GPRS MODEM W/RS232 with the help of the 9V battery.
- Once powered, the green LED on the MODEM blinks repeatedly. However, when the MODEM detects a mobile network, the green LED on it blinks once in every 3 seconds. Now, the MODEM is ready for use.
- Next, power the arduino.
Step 5: Uploading the File
Once everything is ready, open your arduino IDE, choose the correct board, processor (if required), port and upload the file which has been attached.