Step 1: Tools and materials.
- sand paper
- small saw and coping saw (fret saw)
~these tools are if you dont have access to a laser cutter
-knife, craft knife, scalpel (something to cut thin materials with)
- 3mm acrylic (any colour as it will be painted)
- 2mm acrylic (any colour but you will need some clear, i used all clear for all of it to make it easier)
- thin blue plastic. the type that they make document folders from.
- liquid solvent glue
- Spray paint. plastic primer, silver paint, clear coat.
Step 2: Planning.
once i had an idea of how many layers i needed i could work out how thick and what materials to make the arc from.
i worked out i could make the arc out of 6 layers and if they were 2mm each it would give the arc a nice slim line depth of 12mm. (although nearer the end of the build i realised i needed another 2mm layer on the rear to aid with the mounting in the stand)
after the sketching i drew up some plans in Illustrator using some source photos i got from goolge.
Step 3: Cutting and pre assembly
you can cut these parts by hand if you dont have access to a laser cutter, just be careful on the delicate parts.
Glue the parts together in groups of two. leaving out the parts that would be clear.
layer 1 and 2, layer 3 and 4 and 5 and 6.