Introduction: Italian-American Style Mower
<p> As MAJOR PREMISE I must say this:</p> <p> No change is allowed for these as for other types of machines, as well as everything that is bought.</p> <p> Who acts as if this or other changes to anything he does to HIS own peril for if for those around him.</p> <p> It is also obvious that any legal warranty of the product concerned, because you modified the original design: in fact, theoretically one should do approve the product prototype that should be approved by a Special Commission.</p> <p> Having said that (are you escaped them all? No, by; someone is there yet ...) one is free to do this thing with prudence "of good family man" and "frontier spirit" of INSTRUCTABLES.COM and always keeping in mind the things said in the introduction.</p> <p> Among other things, whether staff or someone more experienced than me, has to know a way a little more "standardized" to express what I've said above, I agree!</p>
Step 1: The Cut
My Mower is a good car, very strong engine, and with a good blade, but it has a flaw: about every minute we stop cutting; stop the engine, remove the lot which is still half empty, or if you are using without further lift bag type diverter, and remove the grass that is locked into the ear, and then reboot.
I do not know if only my mower has a problem (maybe caused by a small defect in the occult), the fact is that I got tired of this "music", and after having tried an American original (with from my neighbor) I decided:
I also like the lawnmower "Italian-American style".
I literally copied the style of the side opening, making sure that it is made from the "right" to take advantage of the blade that works like a propeller to eject the cut grass.As you can see in the figure the cut is "generous" but does not cut the bottom of the frame in such a way as to compromise the seal as soon as possible of the structure
Step 2: The Template
I obtained three silhouettes.
Step 3: Transfer and Cutting
I have, therefore, shows the three shapes, drawing with a pencil on a sheet of steel (in my case it was the lid of an old microwave oven that I had saved from a previous "scraping") and I made the cuts as shown with good shear; I recommend to use work gloves and be careful not to injure yourself (an advice that I give in this case is also looking a bit around: it happened to me at this juncture, elicits a lot of concentration in carrying out this work, stumble into a cord: almost I was doing really bad!)
I then assembled with rivets, positioned as shown in the figure to oppose less resistance as possible to the grass flow to create the inner surface with less harshness.
I then fed the cat that has your needs as. ..
...and the work you could say pretty much completed.
Step 5: Finished
To give a touch of aesthetics, as well as to cover any rough edges that could cause injury (the plate could cut if it hits someone or a pet!) I held the corner zones and seams, with rubber parts salvaged from an old bicycle Innertube.
After an appropriate masking, I colored the outer part of the conveyor with Matt Black, which is very "proffessional"
and I accompanied everything with my new "DC" logo.(came a little fuzzy but okay ...)
I did try my son the new prototype and was really pleased: all lawn cutting was carried out without any stop to remove jammed grass, as happened previously, both with and without the bag.
My instructable is complete, I hope not to have bored too;
comments are always welcome (especially if constructive)
A greeting from the italian torx instructables man.
and good cutting performance ....
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.