Introduction: Jamun Ice Popsicles
We have a huge Jamun tree in our home garden, which I planted 12 years ago. The tree has started bearing fruits from couple of years back. This season we have collected lot of fruits fallen from the tree and I thought of making Ice popsicles using the fruit.
The popsicles turned out to be so good, so I am sharing it here
Step 1: Remove Seeds From the Fruits
- Collect fresh fruits from the tree. Here I have taken about 250 grams of fruits for making the popsicles
- Transfer the fruits to a wide-mouthed bowl and squeeze out the seeds with fingers
- Add some water to the fruits so that the seeds can be separated from the flesh
Step 2: Make Jamun Juice
- Transfer the deseeded Jamun fruits to a mixer grinder and make a fine paste
- The paste is very thick. So, add a cup of water to the paste and filter out the juice using a cheese cloth. This juice is sufficient for filling all 6 popsicles in the mould.
- The remains can be discarded or can be used for making compost
Step 3: Add Sugar
- Now add one cup of sugar and stir well. Taste the mix and adjust the sugar to your taste
Step 4: Fill Popsicle Mould
- Clean the popsicle mould and sticks
- Fill the popsicle mould with the sugar mixed juice
- Replace the popsicle sticks on the juice-filled mould
Step 5: Deep Freeze the Popsicles
- Now place the popsicle mould with the juice in a deep freezer and leave it there overnight
Step 6: Enjoy the Jamun Popsicles
- The popsicles are frozen solid overnight
- On a sunny hot afternoon, remove the popsicle mould from the freezer
- Sprinkle water on the underside of the mould
- Keep the mould inverted on a plate. Within a minute the popsicles will slide out from the mould
The popsicles are so cold and tastes wonderful, enjoy with your family and friends to beat the heat
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.