I've been a painter for most of my life and recently started creating sculptures. I use sand from Ocean Beach and mix it with a bonding compound. My goal is to 3d print the sculptures and then coat them with my special Pacific Ocean sand mixture and present them in limited additions.
1. First I created the main form out of polystyrene.
2. I used expanding foam from the hardware store to bond the pieces together.
3. Then I used a smaill saw to refine the shape of the sculpture
4. After that I coated the sculpture with a mixture of sand and acrylic paint.
5. Finally, I sanded the sculpture to smoth out the rough edges.