Reuse/Re-purpose/Recycle ** Don't waste those old jeans!! Make something fun!! **
I found an old pair of jeans from when my son was younger; they had too much damage to pass on (Darn boys!!) I used fabric I had on hand and made a "NO COST" purse! Yay me!! (Other embellishments would also be fun... add embroidery, fabric paint, buttons, snaps... Be creative!!)
This would be a great project for a gift or yourself. Please adjust fabric dimensions to fit the jeans you're using. If you have large jeans they could be used for a beach bag, baby bag, gym bag... Use your imagination!
Step 1: Supplies
1) Old pair of jeans -- "pretty" is unimportant!
2) Fabric to be used for strap and belt (optional)
1) Sewing machine (or heavy gauge needle and strong thread if you choose to do this by hand)
2) Complimentary or decorative color thread ** I just used white, but if you may want to match what is already on your jeans. -- Another option is to use gray, as it tends to be less visible.
3) Seam ripper (for oops'!)
4) Heavy scissors (for cutting jeans)
5) Small scissors (for cutting thread)
6) Measuring tape/ruler
7) Ironing Board/Iron
8) Cutting mat and roller cutter