Rogue make this awesome Flash Benders, that give you great control over your flash photography light, you can use them independently, or combined with an umbrella.
I actually have one on order, but that didn't stop me having a go at making one myself when playing around with a Jiffy bag. Plus you can use the bubble wrap of the jiffy bag to give it a softbox mode too.
Watch this video to see how it works.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- A Jiffy Bag or Mailing Envelope, the padded kid. Mine is a A4 size but shorter.
- Thick solid core electrical wire
- A scrap of electonics stripboard or veraboard
- Black Duct Tape
- Clear Tape
- Reusable Cable Ties, or a Velcro strap. I used RapStraps.
- Double Sided tape
- Optional - Relfective Foil tape
- Optional - Epoxy Resin
- Stanley Knife or Boxcutter
- Soldering Iron and solder
- Wire Snips
- Optional, but very handy to wind wire Bench Clamp and Drill