Now that the kits are shipping, I want to provide "Step by Step" pictures of the assembly.
- Start with the resistors. Cut the leads in half (makes the soldering easier), and bend the leads. I use a small screwdriver to round the bends.
- Insert the resistors into the corresponding holes of the PCB. Make sure that they are in the correct positions. (The picture should help identify the color code.)
- Flip the PCB and solder the resistor leads. Trim the excess leads.
- Insert CdS sensor into PCB and solder, then trim the leads.
- Solder the 50k ohm trimmer pot. (Ignore the extra hole - that's there to accommodate different styles of pots.)
- Keep soldering the rest of parts.
- LEDs have polarity. Observe the flat side of LEDs to align with the markings on the PCBs. Anode (longer lead) goes to the right, looking from the front of PCB.
- Battery clips snap into the holes from the bottom side of the PCB. Might need some force to snap them in. Solder them.
Adjust the trimmer pot (VR1) so that the LEDs turn on at the desired darkness (as necessary).
I think that the assembly is quite straightforward, but please let me know if you have any questions or have difficulty assembling.