Step 1: TIME
Cook time: 20 minutes
Step 2: INGREDIENTS
Whole Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – 3 tbsp or to taste
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Chopped Pistachios – 1 tbsp
Chopped Almonds – 1 tbsp
Powdered Cardamom – 1/8 tsp
Saffron – a pinch
Step 3: METHOD
2. Grind the Saffron with a little bit of Sugar and add it to the Milk.
3. Meanwhile, soak the Raisins in a little bit of water to help puff them up.
4. Keep stirring the pan and make sure it does not burn at the bottom.
5. Cook till it is of desired thickness.
6. Once it reaches the desired thickness, add in the Sugar. Mix well.
7. Add in the Dry fruits – Raisins (without the water), Pistachios and the Almonds.
8. Turn off the flame and add in the Powdered Cardamom.
9. Serve hot or cold.
Step 4: TIPS
2. This is a great recipe if you don’t have a lot of time but alternatively, you can add in raw rice and cook it in the milk and it tastes great. But be very careful and and keep stirring frequently.
3. If you like a smoother texture of rice in the kheer, just mash it lightly before adding it to the Milk.