Introduction: K'NEX Mauser SP66
Having done a assault rifle for the past five instructables, I decided to go with a sniper rifle for my next build (#85). Once this decision was made (no pun intended), I decided to go with the Mauser SP66. I had originally intended to build a Mauser M86 (Mauser 86SR), but I chose to go with the "original version."
The original SP66 is 47 in. long, has a three round integral magazine, and is a very fine weapon but also very costly. My SP66 mimics the original in the fact that it is 47 in. long, has a three round integral magazine, and is a "very fine weapon," but it is also very piece consuming. I am entirely out of green rods, and while I do have black rods left, I don't like to mix these in with my builds.
- 3 round, blue rod, integral box magazine
- New scope setup
- Sturdy setup
- 47 in. long (full length)
- Fake bolt firing pin pull (adapted from BM2's KAR98K)
- Really great stock - super sturdy - super comfortable
- Comfortable thumb-hole grip
- Range (speculated): 40 - 60 ft.
- Looks just like a Mauser SP66
Internals will be added in the comment section below.
Let me know what you guys think!
- The Red Book of Westmarch