This model shoots projectiles with potentially dangerous force. Please be mindful where you point the model, and do not aim at people or animals... unless a skunk is in your house...
Step 1: Aquire the Following...
1. Large file folder rubber bands. Atleast one will do, but I would not do more than 3. At 3 bands it is awfully hard to pull back, and I cannot guarantee the safety and reliability after 3 bands!
2. A rubber band for the sear. This is the trickiest one to install, but is the highlight of the mechanism.
3. 2 rubber bands for the pin and pin guide. These are needed to strengthen and dampen the shock on the knex pieces.
4. At least 1 rubber band for the flip up sight.
5. Quality vinyl or electric tape. This tape is stretch taught and wound around itself. Good tape will stay taught when applied. This is crucial in our application.
6. Pruning sheers are the best tool to cut these knex pieces(in my opinion). It is a lot safer than any sort of knife.
7. Needle nose pliers are great for popping off stubborn pieces or snapping multiple knex pieces in a series. It is optional, but this will save your fingers immensely.
8. Lastly, not known below, is a flat metal file. This is used to shave our sear down just slightly to work efficiently under heavy loads.