Introduction: Kale Chips: Sour Cream and Onion Flavor
Kale chips are a much healthier alternative to potato chips. It's also a good idea to make your own since store bought are very expensive. This recipe contains no dairy. To achieve the sour cream flavor, it uses cashews, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. If you are interested in more flavors, I also have a Kale Chips: Nacho Cheese Flavor intractable.
- 1 head of kale. I prefer using curly leaf kale since it will hold more of the seasoning.
- 1 cup cashews: soaked for 3 hours. Raw or roasted will both work. The cashews will soak up a good amount of water and expand. I recommend using a 2 cup measuring cup for doing this.
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
- Bunch of chives, diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, 2-3 lemons
- 1.5 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Water ~1/2 cup
- Drain the soaked cashews and place into blender. Add the lemon juice, vinegar, salt and 1/4 cup of water. Blend until smooth and creamy. If too thick, slowly add water and blend until you reach the consistency of sour cream. If it is too thick, it will be difficult to coat the the kale.
- Remove the stems from kale. Tear the kale leaves into 1-2 inch pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl, put one handful of kale with a scoop of seasoning. Mix until the seasoning is thoroughly combined and covers every surface of the kale.
- Place on dehydrator tray and dehydrate at for 12 hours. Chips are done when they are crunchy and the seasoning is dry.
- Remove kale chips and place into an air tight container.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.