Website from September/October Issue of Eating Well: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/kale_chips.html
Very simple recipe to make a healthy snack using Kale. I like to use scissors to cut the kale off the stem.
pictures below 1)final baked chips 2) washed and dried kale 3) Scissors cutting stem out 4) oiled and salted kale, really does not take much oil. 5) Kale spread on round pizza baking sheet.
* 1 large bunch kale, tough stems removed, leaves torn into pieces (about 16 cups; see Note)
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Position racks in upper third and center of oven; preheat to 400°F.
2. If kale is wet, very thoroughly pat dry with a clean kitchen towel; transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle the kale with oil and sprinkle
with salt. Using your hands, massage the oil and salt onto the kale leaves to evenly coat. Fill 2 large rimmed baking sheets
with a layer of kale, making sure the leaves don’t overlap. (If the kale won’t all fit, make the chips in batches.)
3. Bake until most leaves are crisp, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway through, 8 to 12 minutes total.
(If baking a batch on just one sheet, start checking after 8 minutes to prevent burning.)
Tips & Notes
* Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
* Note: Choose organic kale when possible. Nonorganic can have high pesticide residue.
Per serving: 110 calories; 5 g fat ( 1 g sat , 3 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 6 g fiber; 210 mg sodium; 642 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Nutrition bonus: Vitamin A (767% daily value), Vitamin C (192% dv), Calcium (20% dv), Potassium (18% dv).