Step 1: You Will Need:
b) Ribbons in bright colours
c) Embroidery thread
d) Lighter (to seal ribbon edges)
e) Marker pen
g) Sharp scissors
Optional (not pictured):
i) Toy stuffing
Printed copy of the pattern
Step 2: Get All the Parts Read
2) Mark the head shape twice onto your main felt colour using your marker pen. Cut out using sharp scissors.
3) Mark the ends of the head twice onto your secondary felt colour using your marker pen. Cut out using sharp scissors.
4) Mark the face onto flesh coloured felt using your marker pen. Cut out using sharp scissors.
5) Make the face border. Line up your face piece with the edge of your border colour. Use embroidery thread and little evenly spaced stitches to sew the face onto your.
6) Trim away the excess leaving a 2mm border around the face.
Step 3: Sew Everything Toegether
8) Sew face on using embroidery thread. Use neat evenly spaces stitches all the way around
9) Cut two pieces of ribbon slightly longer than the height of the head. Seal the ends by quickly passing a flame over them.
10) Pin the ribbons on top of the head end pieces.
11) Use embroidery thread and evenly spaces stitches to sew the ribbon on. This will also keep the end caps in place.
Step 4: Adding the Details
13) Use red embroidery thread to stitch on the mouth. Make three increasingly smaller stitches one under the other.
14) Use black embroidery thread to stitch on the eyes. Make each eye out of two slanted stitches close together.
15) Take a 22cm pieces of ribbon, seal the ends. Turn the face over and pin the ribbon to the back, in the centre.
16) Pin the back of the face to the front.
Step 5: Sew Round the Edge
How to do blanket stitch
a) Pass the needle through the fabric 2-3mm away from the raw edge,
b) Pass the needle through the stitch you've just made, creating a loop.
c) Pull firmly and repeat.
Step 6: Finishing Touches
That's it! Now make a Katamari Ball Tree Topper to go with it :)
A new instructable every week on www.alittlestranger.com