1. Paddle: a fairly standard Aqua-Bound Fiberglass 2-piece paddle
. This paddle's shaft diameter fit the cuff very well. My other fiberglass touring paddles also accommodated the cuff, so the inner shaft diameter must be fairly standard.
2. Spear Head: I used a B & M 55PK Spear
. I preferred this to the flat tine spears, seeming to work better while sitting in my kayak.
3. Connection Cuff: the outer half of a 3/4" PVC expansion fitting,
found in the electrical conduit aisle of Lowes]. Paddle shafts of different diameters may not fit this well. One aluminum shaft paddle I tried had a smaller diameter and did not lock snugly.
- Cantex Part# 5144032
4. Pole: I used a hickory replacement shovel handle. The shaft diameter was a bit larger than the cuff's inside diameter.
5. Two squat wood screws, spear-head and cuff attachments to pole.Tools
-Rotary tool with plastic cutting and wood shaping tips