Introduction: Keeping Your Shower Curtain From Sticking to Your Legs
Have you ever taken a shower and felt the cold curtain stuck to your legs ? Ever wished it wouldn't do that ? You've come to the right place ! This cheap, easy, fast and effective solution has kept me safe for a while now, and I thought I'd share it for the Dorm hack contest.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials !
As I said, this is a cheap but effective solution ! You will need :
- 1 roll of double sided tape - I took the one that seemed to be the most waterproof, do NOT take carpet tape, it will not be as effective (less than 1€)
- 1 set of cupboard magnets - I got 6 for less than 4€ at a department store. They don't need to be heavy duty, unless you intend to reenact space battles in you shower and might punch through your shower curtain.
and now tools :
- scissors or an exact-o knife
- paper towels
So, you see, this isn't very expensive but you can see this as a long term investment.
Step 2: Prepare the Latch
On one side, you'll want to cover as much of the latch as you can with the double sided tape.
I used a scalpel but this can be done with scissors.
Step 3: Prepare the Surface and Stick the Latch
You want to make sure that the area where you stick the latches are nice and dry ; a paper towel will do the trick.
To choose where the latches are to be placed, here are a few tips :
- both at the top and to the bottom of your curtain
- in the corners
- where the curtain "leaves" the wall in order to make a seal
- it helps to have an extra one on the ground
I have a square shower, so this might differ with yours.
Step 4: Et Voilà !
There you go ! Next time you get in your shower, it'll take less than 30 seconds to get all your magnets/catches on to keep your shower curtain away ! You'll want to start from one edge (where the curtain leaves the wall) and move to the other to ensure that the curtain is stretched. Don't forget to leave a flap in order to have some material to make a seal against the wall ; you might have to remove some curtain rings to make the flap.
I don't remove all of them once I'm done, only the ones I need to in order to actually leave the shower.
I hope you enjoyed this instructable, it's an easy trick anyone can assemble in less than half an hour once you have the materials.
If you've learned something here, I hope you'll vote for this trick in the dorm contest :)
Thanks for stopping by !
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.