Introduction: Kerala Malabari Chicken Dum Biriyani
Hi, I am Reeja . This is my first instructable and here I will be writing the recipe for Kerala Malabari chicken dum biriyani.
Step 1: Ingredients
Jeera rice - 3 cup
cut chicken - 1/2 kg
Sliced onion - 4 nos
Sliced tomato - 4 nos
Garlic paste - 2 tablespoon
Ginger paste - 2 tablespoon
Crushed green chili - 6 nos
Some mint leaves & coriander leaves
Curd - half cup
Clove - 4 nos
Cardamom - 6 nos
Cinnamon - 4 piece small
Cashew nut - 10 nos
Cuscus powder - 2 tablespoon
Turmeric - Half teaspoon
Dalda - half cup
Salt to taste
Water - 3 cup
Some fried resin and cashew nuts
Step 2: Making It.......
- Wash the jeera rice and strain it. Take a roasting pan and pour 2 tablespoon dalda and put the strained rice into it. Saute the rice in it for 2 minutes in medium flame. Take the rice out of the cooker and keep it aside.
- Then pour the dalda that is left and sliced onion into the cooker. Then saute the onion in medium flame until it turns light brown. Then add cinnamon, clove and cardamon. Mix it very well.
- Add sliced tomato into it and saute it until oil becomes clear.
- Pour ginger and garlic paste into in it.
- Then add crushed green chilly, corriander leaves and mint leaves along with turmeric powder and saute it again.
- Grind cashew nut in curd with added cuscus powder. Add this paste to the gravy and saute it.
- Then add chicken to it and mix it very well. Add salt to taste.
- Then add rice to the mixture and mix it well for 3 minutes. Put off the flame.
- Put this into a pressure cooker.
- Then add water and mix it and close the lid without the weight.
- After 5 minutes put the weight.
- After one whistle put off the flame.
- After 30 minutes open the cooker and sprinkle the fried cashew nuts and resin on it.
- And your tasty Kerala Malabari chicken dum biriyani is ready.