Introduction: KeyPad-controlled Servo
The main objectives of this project are:
- Receive 3 inputs from a membrane keypad
- Write data from 3 inputs as a single number servo position to the servo
- Ignore non-number inputs
- Servo position cannot exceed 180 degrees (unless servo supports full 360 degree rotation)
- 4x4 membrane keypad
- Arduino UNO
- 11 wires
Step 1: Connect Servo
Connect the servo as follows:
- V+ on servo to 5v pin on Arduino
- Ground on servo to gnd on Arduino
- Pulse on servo to pin 11 on Arduino
Step 2: Connect the Key Pad
Connect the pins of the key pad starting from the right most pin to pins 2 through 9 on the Arduino.
Step 3: Upload Code
Using an Arduino IDE, upload the given code to the Arduino. Enjoy!
Step 4: Common Issues
Issue: (int)char will return the ASCII code, not the integer
Solution: Create method using a list of chars and a for-loop to convert chars
Issue: servo continues rotation at numbers below 5 degrees
Solution: Covert any inputs below 5 degrees to 5 degrees
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.