This Step-Up Stool is designed for every kid carpenter to
have a job-from assembly to decorating. And everyone will be able to learn a few new skills along the way.
While it’s also a perfectly-sized place to display special things, this stool functions as a safe step up for little ones. When I see my daughter stand on it and reach for something just outside her ever-growing grasp, it never ceases to amaze me what can be create with just a few boards and a some basic tools. And it’s sturdy enough to hold even us big kids. I know.
Step 1: What You’ll Need for This Projects:
Tools & Equipments
- Circular saw / miter saw / miter box
- Hammer / egg beater drill / drill
- Sandpaper / sander
- Measureing tape
- 1 piece 1x12x8 pine
- 1 5/8” finished-head screws / 6p finish nails
Step 2: Step 1. Cut the Pieces.
- Top: 11 ½” x 11 ½”
- Legs: 11 ½” x 5”
- Strut: 2 ¼” x 6”
Step 3: Step 2. Assemble Parts.
Screw or nail the Strut to the center-top of each leg.
- Center the top on the leg/strut assembly; countersink and fasten.
- Use sandpaper, router, or low angle block plane to ease the edges of the TOP.
Step 4: Step 3. Finish.
- Fill nail or screw holes with painter’s putty. Let dry.
- Sand smooth.
- Prime all surfaces and paint