This is a simple one, and anyone of you should be able to manage it.
bumpus did, so anyone can
This is what you need :-
- A black and white or colour printer
- A couple of sheets of good quality printable card (i used some 350gsm digital paper)
- A fresh scalpel blade, and handle
- A cutting mat
- Some double sided tape
- A weight (optional) i used some 2 pence coins, you could use washers.
Step 1: Print It!
If you havn't already got it download Adobe Acrobat, its a free download, available HERE
Open up the PDF, and head for the print dialogue, although the pdf file is A4 (210 x 297) you can just center it and print on to US letter.
I printed mine using the digital laser printer at work. Which can handle very thick card. If your struggling, you can always print it onto paper, and paste it onto some card.
Step 2: Cut It!
Take your time, and ensure that your ruler is placed on the Kin Herep, so your cutting into the waste, this stops you ruining the printout if you slip.
A cutting mat is a must, as it will help the knife glide through the paper easier.
Step 3: Score It!
Once you have scored the lines, gently fold them a little to make sure its worked, then layout flat again.
Step 4: Stick It!
Stick a piece on each of the flaps, don't stick it too close to any fold edge so it doesn't show when finished, Trim the double sided tape down to the paper edge.
- Picture 3 - here we see the bottom stuck in place
- Picture 4 - Fold back the edge of the side flap, this makes it easier to stick this flap down later on
- picture 5 - Stick the bottom into place, peel off the side strip, and stick this into place also.
Step 5: Add Some Weight!
Wrap some tape around the outside to hold the coins together, and pop some more double sided tape on to the stack,
Firmly place the weight into the bottom of your Kin Herep.
Step 6: Finishing Off!
Make a few more, and leave them to play.
The Kin Herep itself is great as a gift, and can be used to put small presents or notes in. Or as a secret stash!
Thanks for reading
- gmjhowe (and the playful Kin Herep)