My attempt was to build a mp3-player for my 2.5 years old daughter. No display, no user manual, just big colorful buttons.
- Every button plays all songs in one directory (similar to start playing a whole CD)
- Pushing the same button again, skips to the next song
- with two (black) buttons turn up/down the audio volume (predefined steps and maximum volume)
- White button: pause/unpause
- Auto power off after timeout
- Welcom sound when rapsberry pi is booted an ready to play kinder music
- Wooden box from Ikea
- Raspberry Pi 2
- USB-Powerbank 4400mAh
- bunch of colorful push buttons
- 2 small speakers (from an old pc-speaker set)
- some resistors for the buttons on the gpio
- a small audio amplifier
- one small 3.3 VDC relay
- some lines of python
After a one minute instruction the little girl vanished with the her first mp3 player. Next step: remote control.
Step 1: Wiring Plan
- I'm using an "standard" powerbank with a little switch to turn on and long press to turn off the power
- this little switch is connected in parallel to a relay to be able to power off the system by software
- all 12 switches are connected with a 1k and 10k Ohm resister for debouncing
Attached you'll find the source code
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.