Introduction: Kitchen Chandelier. Coffee Cups and Silverware.
Four cups glued to wooden frame and spoon torches hanging inside of it. I thought kitchen is the place you eat and drink, so why use any other materials for a lightning project. How about a cup of hot, glowing latte?:)
Step 1: All You Need for This:
- a set of cups - skill saw
- spoons or forks - drill
- lumber wood - clippers
- 6 lightbulbs - welding tool
- 2 bulb sockets - screwdriver
- superglue - safety glasses
- wire for electricity
- wire for hanging
- 10 screwing hooks
- 4 metal plates
- wood oil
- metal plate
Step 2: Drilling and Glueing
1. cut the wood to form a desired shape frame, i used golden ratio (1.618) to form it:)
2. treat it with wood oil, i always use line seed oil
3. with the help of metal plates and screws join the frame
4. drill the cups and plates for the bulb. i used LED e27 Osram bulbs, use a good diamond drilling bit, with little pressure, use water for cooling the ceramics, be patient. I have managed to drill the holes, so that the bulb screws into them. don't forget to wear safety glasses.
5. glue cups to the plates
Step 3: More Drilling and Glueing and Wiring
6. drill holes in the frame for the cups with bulbs
7. screw hooks on the frame
8. weld wires to the bulbs
9. glue cups with plates and bulbs on the frame
10. form the spoons in desired shape and glue them to the socket, i also used some copper wire to tighten them up and hide the socket
11. do the wiring
Step 4: Even More Drilling and Wiring for the Last Time:)
12. screw four hooks in to the metal plate
13. drill two holes for attaching it to the ceiling, one for wires
14. attach it to the ceiling:)
15. you can now hang the frame using the hooks and wire
16. hang the spoon torches inside
17. wire the whole circuit, yes i know, i need to change the wire that goes from the ceiling, and to the spoon torches, so thet it's not as visible, i only had this one at that time.
18. thats all, will try to answer all the questions, if there will be any, sorry for my english, it's not my mother language:)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.