If you are a cat-owner by yourself you probably know the ugly plushy cat-trees which are usually sold in shops. For me, this was an absolute no-go! So I headed out in the internet looking for alternatives an found this:
I immediately thought, that underneath the "balcony" I should be able to integrate the scratching pole and started sketching.
Step 1: Materials and tools
The joints I made with simple wooden bars (20x20mm), screwed into the corners. One could also use metal angle brackets or if you have the tools on hand, you could also use a biscuit-joiner, Lamello or similar (I would have preferred this).
As other tools you will need:
- drill with necessary bits
- 2x: 1600x470 mm (back and front)
- 2x: 1600x600 mm (sides)
- 2x: 470x568mm (top and lower floor)
- 1x: 568x800mm (middle floor and base for pole)
- some carpet of your choice
- scratching pole (mine was the cheapest I could find, plus a spare piece,screwed together with a fitting rod)