I know a covered box would help, but due to the 'particular' needs of the two oldest cats, we have to use a large, deep box without a cover. I decided something to reduce the dust during use would go a long way toward making my life easier - so through trial and error, this is what I came up with. (Sorry for the grainy pics, my camera is getting old. How great would it be to win one ;-) ) I finished the project without taking pics, so I am recreating the bits I can.
Here it is - my first 'ible
- CPU cooling fans (2) $6.00
- Wall wart with 12v output (or whatever your fans run on) $8.00
- TIP31 transistor $0.47
- Motion activated light $8.00 (mine is battery powered)
- Filter material (I used the foam stuff for a window A/C unit) $1.00
- Container for your fans (I used the Ziploc large rectangle food storage box) $2.00