Introduction: Klappertaart (Indonesian Coconut Cake)
This Indonesian coconut dessert is a cross between a cake, a pudding, a custard like dessert and it is Dutch-influenced.
It is super good warm, great at room temperature, awesome chilled. So basically you can serve it anytime you want :D
Give this tart a try and see if this will be one of your favorite dessert to make ;-)
Step 1: Ingredients and Directions
- 10 tbsp young soft coconut meat
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 7 tbsp icing sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 c coconut milk (not coconut milk beverage!)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Melt butter and set aside to cool to room temperature
- Beat sugar, eggs, salt, vanilla essence
- Stir in flour, followed with melted butter, and coconut meat
- Pour into greased pan/mold, add some raisins if you like, bake on preheated 350 F for 20-25 minutes
- Serve and enjoy :D
Super easy, right?
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.