Hey guys, this is a replica of the M14 rifle that was used by the United States during the Vietnam War. Basically the M14 is upgraded version of the M1 Garand from World War II. As the years went on in Vietnam, the M14 was replace by the M16 which was lighter to carry around, it had smaller bullets and also had less accuracy and recoil than the M14 and also the M16 was known in its early days for jamming a lot during combat. But despite these weaknesses, the M16 took over despite the controversy.
Anyway let's talk about the M14, it's not my own design since I took internal pictures from a very popular Instructables member The Red Book Of Westmarch and I have successfully followed each internal picture to create this outstanding K'nex model of an M14.
The few differences between my M14 and The Red Book Of Westmarch M14:
· I have improve the structure of the joint where the stock is connected to the hand grip so that this reduces flimsy in the stock
· I have added a hinged shoulder rest at the rear of the stock that in a real life some M14's would have to improve accuracy
. TRBOW shoots blue rods, mine doesn't because it is just a model
· Comfortable Hand Grip
· Very Realistic
· Good Iron Sights
· Magazine is removable if you take out the blue rods holding it up and add two green rods to the magazine and then it will stay in place. (Look at the pictures)
· Uses a few cut pieces
· Rubbers bands are required to held some rods in place so they don't fall out.
. The magazine doesn't quite line up with the extractor
Specifications For A Real M14
· Designed - 1954
· Number Built - 1.5 million
· Ammo - 7.62x51mm NATO
. Rate Of Fire - 700 - 750 Rounds Per Minute
· Powered - Gas Operated
· Magazine - 20 Round Magazine
· Range - Between 500 and 875 yards
Overall I really this, it feels like the real one when it is in your hands.The Red Book of Westmarch has defiantly made one of the best M14 on Instructables in my opnion. So yeah, it a great model so thanks Red.
In Call Of Duty: Zombies, it appears in all Call Of Duty: Black Ops maps except for Nacht Der Untoten, Verruckt, Shi No Numa and Der Riese and also it also appears in all Black Ops II maps. It is only available of the wall only for 500 points. It is a very good weapon in the earlier rounds. When Pack-A-Punch for 5000 points it becomes the "Mnesia" where you get more damage, ammo, bigger magazine and you get a grip attachment to reduce recoil. With Speed Cola, Double Tap or Double Tap 2.0 (depending on which game you are playing) & Deadshot Daiquiri this a is a great weapon for making headshots.
Also check out my other creations
Thanks for reading, please leave a comment in the box below and subscribe