Introduction: Knex Binder
Runner Up in the
Back to School Contest
Anyway, this is a binder, but with Knex! Ill be honest, its not the most amazing thing ever. It used the 'binding' part out of a real binder, and 2 small zipties to hold it into place. The pivot connections are actually very strong and so is the the overall thing. It can hold the standard amount of paper in it (approx. 200-300 sheets)
I hope you like it, please vote, rate, comment and subscribe! Thanks.
Step 1: Front Cover
- Make this
- Make sure there is a spacer there
- Make this
- Make sure of the spacers there again
- Take them both and line them up like so
- Attach them together as shown
- What you should have
That was easy, next step!
Step 2: Back Cover
- The piece on the left is the previous step, the one on the right is the same but without the grey connectors and blue spacers (read image notes)
- A close-up of the back cover.
SIMPLEZ! Moving on...
Step 3: The Binder Part
- This is what the binder looks like.
- Get some pliers, or your hand, and rip it off.
- What you should have now
Step 4: Attaching the Binder to the Knex Bit
- Ok, sorry about this picture. Forget about the big bit in the top left hand coprner, and forget about the metal binder attached to it. Block all that out, and just build the big long bit.
- Remember to add those grey connectors and blue spacers
- Line up the metal binder on the knex bit like so.
- Make sure the holes on either side match up like this.
- The other side
- SLide a ziptie through the hole and through the knex hole.
- Pull it through the hole like so
- Tie the ziptie
- Pull it really tight.
- Repeat on the hole on the opposite side.
- There is no picture for this, but cut the excess ziptie off with some scissors.
Step 5: Connecting All Together
- Take these 2 pieces (step 1 and 4)
- Attach together like so
- Get this piece (step 2)
- Line it up like this
- Attach on like so.
- Grab 1 side of the binder and fold it over.
You are finished! Congrats.
Step 6: You Are Finished! YAY!
You have finished making the binder.
Hope you like it, its rather useful for carrying your papers and files in, and whats more, its not boring, its colourful and creative!
Thanks for building, please rate, comment, vote and subscribe! THANKS.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.