and you can visit the_burrito_master for more k'nex stuff here:
and you can visit Imperar and his k'nex supercar made with sketchup here:
The tank is propelled by a motor, and is durable enough to drive off the 2 foot table it's pictured on without breaking. The chain does not jam into the gears, mainly because of a few green connectors guiding it at the bottom and the gears' elevation from the ground. The turret can be made to turn with a motor, but I didn't happen to have an extra motor, so you'll need to figure that out on your own, as well as adding a motor if you don't have the same one I do.
If any part of the instructable is unclear, let me know and I'll add some extra views of the section. Or, if you would prefer it, download Sketchup and the tank's file and look at it from any perspective your heart desires.
Step 1: Step 1
5. Align the sections from 2. and 3. like so.
6. Attach with the sections from 4.
Step 2: Step 2
7. Attach to Step 1.
8. Attach to Step 1.
9. Attach these pieces. Be sure it's on the correct side.
10. Attach this piece.
11. Attach the axle on the opposite side. You will need to reconnect a few pieces.
12. Attach the blue rod to the white connector and add a red rod to the yellow/green/white connectors.
Step 3: Step 3
4. Orient and attach.