Introduction: Knex Slide Action Pistol
A long time ago In a distant bedroom, far, far away I made a slide action pistol but I had a problem with the slide falling off, and then one night I got a huge load of knex, I found the original magazine and then VOILA! this was born.
It is a slide action gun meaning that you pull the slide backwards to cock the firing pin and then the slide returns to its place. The handle is also the magazine to make it more ergonomically friendly. However this and the barrel being wider than each rod does mean that unfortunately it is prone to jamming.
Step 1: Slide
1. Make two of these; the connectors have to face the same way as in the picture.
2. Also make 2.
3. You will only need one of these sections as it goes in the centre.
4&5. Now to assemble it, take 5 blue rods and slide them through the holes in the connectors.(note the directions of the connectors. Then slip 10 blue spacers on the ends of the rods.
6&7. Clip the two panels on the blue rods as shown.
8. Make 2 of these.
9. Clip the rods onto the black hand connectors.
10. Make 1 of these.
11. Make 1 of these too.
12&13. Clip 2 Black hand connectors on.
14&15. Fix the two together as shown.
16&17. Attach them to the rest of the slide by clipping the blue rod into the blue connector
The slide is finished.
Step 2: The Barrel and the Firing Pin
1. Make 2 of these.
2. Attach 6 white rods as shown.
3. Make 1 of these.
4. Make 1 of these.
5. Slip these over the white rods.
6. Now clip on the other side of the barrel as in the picture.
7. Make 2 of these.
8. Attach them to the barrel.
9. This is very simple, just take a red rod and clip a ball socket on the end and a tan connector to keep it stable.
Step 3: The Handle and Trigger
1. Make 2 (this is the side of the handle)
2. Make 1.
3. Make 1 of these too.
4. Clip 2 white rods on the bottom of the panel.
5. Attach the strips of connectors onto each white rod as shown.
6. Now clip the other side on.
7. Make 2 of these.
8. 1 of these.
9&10. Take a white rod and clip it to the red connector and slip it through the dark grey connector's hole.
11. Clip on the other red connector.
12. Now slip another white rod through the holes of the 2 red connectors and attach it to the yellow connector.
13. Make this as shown.
Step 4: Assembly
1. A view of how it fits together.
2. Clip the rods on the handle to the white connectors and slip the rod on the tan connector into the white connector.
3&4. Slide black hand of the trigger and the blue clip up into the barrel.
5. Take the slide and place it ontop of the slide guide and the put the slide rails over the barrel's rods as shown.
6. Slide the firing pin through the red connector's holes and into the barrel assembly.
Step 5: Rubber Bands
1. Magazine pusher- stretch and then attach a small rubber band from the yellow connector to the handle's white rod.
2. Trigger- Loop a small band around the white rod on the barrel and then weave it inbetween the trigger's connectors.
3. Slide- Loop a medium band around the foresight and the blue rod then hook it over the orange connector on the barrel.
4. Firing pin- Hook a medium/large rubber band over the ball socket and around the white connector on the barrel.
The pistol is finished!
Step 6: Loading and Firing
To load the gun simply pull out the magazine pusher and slot grey connectors attached to green rods in to the handle so that they a parallel to the barrel as in the picture.
To cock the gun grip the top of the slide, press down slightly and pull the slide all the way back. Then release the slide and it should return to its previous place.