This gun was actually born because my friend said to me "I bet I can make a better k'nex gun than you". I said ok lets have a competition. The rules were to built a pistol within 2 hours. We set up a wall and started building. The wall prevented the both of us from stealing ideas from each other.
He built this weird funky thing, and I built the pistol shown in the instructable. He said "wow I didn't think you were that good".
Step 1: Piece Count
grey OR black rod: 1
dark grey: 9
light grey: 5
tan clips: 4
blue end cap: 1
black Y connector: 7
blue spacer: 2
Total: 146 parts
Step 2: The Barrel
1. Build the side panels.
2. Gather 11 white rods.
3. Attach the white rods where shown.
4. Build the internal parts for the barrel.
5. Add the internal parts you made.
6. Make sure the blue end cap is here.
7. Add the panel.
The barrel is very flimsy, but it will be solid and strong once you add the body.
Step 3: The Body
1. Build these panels.
2. Gather 3 white rods.
3. Add the 3 rods where shown.
4. Add the middle panel.
5. Add the outer panel.
Was that hard? Next step!
Step 4: The Trigger
1. Build this and save it. We'll use this in step 6.
2. Build the parts for the trigger.
3. Attach the light grey connectors to the dark grey connector attached to the white rod.
4. Attach the blue rod.
5. Attach the hinge connected to white rod to the blue rod.
6. Attach the dark grey connectors with the Y connectors to the blue rod.
Step 5: The Handle
1. Gather and build these parts.
2. Attach both white rods where shown.
3. Attach the middle panel.
4. Attach the outer panel.
5. Add this.
6. And on the other side do the same.
Step 6: Final Assembly
1. Build the ram.
2. Gather everything you built.
3. Attach the barrel to the body.
4. Attach the Handle the the rest of the gun.
5. Put the trigger on by using the part you built earlier.
6. On the flip side, add the space and tan connector.
7. Make sure the white rod goes through the gap into the barrel.
8. Slide a rubberband through the hole.
9. Put the rubberband here.
10. Same on the flip side.
Step 7: How to Load, and an Important Thing I Forgot to Add.
1. Put tape on.
2. Put ram in gun.
3. On the other side of the gun. add 2 green rods.
4. Put tape over both green rods.
5. Put a rubberband here, it loops around the whole gun.
6. This is how it should look where the ram enters the barrel.
7. Gather 2 rubberbands of you choice.
8. Wrap one on top like this.
9. Add the one on the bottom.
LOADING AND FIRING:
1. Cock the gun.
2. Gather ammo
3. Put them in and rubberband them down.
If you want to, you can shoot the pusher, but it will fall out if the gun is aimed down.
Step 8: Finished!
Should I post my other pistol I built? Here is a picture: