Introduction: Knex Auto Loading Gun With Magazine.
This is my first working knex gun that actually has a mag. the magazine is built for yellow, and i don't think you can build it to fit any other bullet....i ran into some complications along the way because pieces were not cooperating...that is why a few of the steps look funky.
Step 1: The Magazine
1.you will need 4 of these.
2.Take two of those pieces you just made, and connect them together using small green/black rods. you will need two of these.
3.connect the two pieces with two reds connected with a blue rod, use small green rods to connect to pieces.
4.attach a yellow connector to the bottom of each yellow piece, two on each side. connect with green rods
5. you will need two of these (the orange piece should not be broken, i just ran out of pieces)
6. connect the pieces as shown, NOTE*the orange connector should only be attached to one of the white/black rods,then placed into the other blue one. (again, the orange connector should not be broken)
7. you will need 4 of these wierd black connector/rod.connect one at the end of each yellow connector
8. now attach a blue rod to the side of the two black things, but be sure to place a green connector through it first, do this on both sides, but make sure the green connectors are facing as shown.
9. you will need 4 of these wierd black connector/rod.connect one at the end of each yellow connector
now attach a blue rod to the side of the two black things, but be sure to place a green connector through it first, do this on both sides, but make sure the green connectors are facing as shown.
10. now attach a blue rod to the side of the two black things, but be sure to place a green connector through it first, do this on both sides, but make sure the green connectors are facing as shown.
Step 2: The Barrel
1. IMPORTANT!!!!!! Substitute those bendy green rods for orange/grey rods that do not bend...this will give it more structure (again i was short on pieces)other than that, build as shown
2. Again, make sure the green rods are actually orange/grey rods. attach as shown.
3. This is important:put these orange connectors where instructed to do so...see yellow dialog boxes
4. construct this piece, which consists of a block trigger, 5 snowflake pieces, 2 grey single slot connects on each side (see next step) and another snowflake. in that order...
5. now attach two orange/grey rods where the green ones are. make sure you have those two grey connectors there!
6. on one of the orange/grey rods, place one of those lite blue connectors. its like a tan connector with the stub, but without the little stub.
7. this time connect a tan connector on the same rod that you put the blue connector on. insert the stub into the snowflake.
Step 3: The Handle...
you can do what you want with this step...but this is how i made my handle...its what best suits you...
Step 4: The Firing Pin
1. keep in mind...substitute the green rod with an orange/grey rod...and connect an orange connectoron the end.
2. insert the firing pin into the barrel like so...
Step 5: Loading the Gun
1. place the bullets into the magazine...once again, it only will fit yellows (you can do what i did with the sides of the magazine if you want)
2. make this piece...this is what will push the bullets down
3. place the piece you just made into the magazine AFTER the bullets.
Step 6: THE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE ON THIS GUN!!!!
1. you need this piece, or something like it...without a red rod, or this, without it...the gun will jam...
2. place the rod into the magazine. make sure it is touching the very bottom of the magazine...or else the gun will jam and everything will be messed up
Step 7: Elastics
1. you may want to put the elastics where i've have put them here...it will even out the force distributed
2. Dont forget to add this one...this will reset the block trigger after you pull it back again. and it will prevent the gun from firing without you wanting it to.
Step 8: Ready to Fire...
just pull back the firing until you see the block trigger go down
Step 9: Ready to Terminate!
and there you go! the gun may jam sometimes, but the modifications i made will reduce them to jams that can easily be solved.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.