Introduction: Knit a Husky Hat!
How Ad(epl)orable! ...Subversive!
... Instructions below.
Step 1: Assemble Materials
Sharpen those needles(size 11)
Spin that wool(black/silver-blue/white)
Section off a small, separate amount of black.
Step 2: Begin!
- Combine a strand of silver-blue and black.
- Cast on 28 stitches for S/M, 32 for L/XL
- 1st row: PKKPPKKPP.....KKP
- 2nd row: KPPKKPP.... PPK
Step 3: Continue With Knitting
3rd row: PKKPPKK... KKP
4th row: KPPKKPP... PPK
5th row: Knit all
6th row: Purl all
Continue this alternating, creating stockinette stitch
Step 4: Create Black Stripe
On 31st row: replace silver-blue strand with black from small segment.
And knit that (31st)
Row: 32P 33K 34P 35K 36P
Step 5: Create White Stripe
1. Replace both black strands with 2 white strands
2. Rows: 37K 38P 39K 40P 41K 42P 43K 44P 45K 46P
3. Replace 2 white threads each with silver-blue, and black
Step 6: Continue Knitting to Finish Front of Hat
47K 48P 49K etc.
Row 63, create ribbing
Rows: 63 PKKPPKK.... KKP
65: PKKPP... KKP
66: KPPKK... PPK
67 cast off
Leave long tail of yarn to sew up sides
Step 7: Sew Up Sides
Fold hat in half, right sights together.
Using a large-eye yarn needle, sew up sides with a ladder stitch.
Repeat for other side
Step 8: Finished!
Turn right side out.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.