These techniques include:
Single Cast On
Longtail Cast On
Knitted Cast On
Cable Cast On
I recommend learning the Single Cast On and Longtail Cast On techniques first. The longtail is my favorite; once you get the hang of it it is super easy and makes a nice edge. I would wait to learn the knit stitch before you learn the Knitted Cast On and Cable Cast On. It is much simpler once you are proficient at the knit stitch.
For more knitting tutorials visit my page: Carleyy.
Step 1: Single Cast On
- Start by making a loop with the yarn.
- Bring the yarn through the loop, creating another loop with a knot at the end
- Slide slip knot onto needle. Pull yarn to tighten knot
- Wrap the working yarn (yarn connected to the ball of yarn) around your thumb so you have a loop around your thumb.
- Bring the needle under and up through the loop around your thumb
- Remove your thumb from the loop and pull the yarn
- Continue from step 2 until you have desired number of stitches casted on