However, I haven't had any since I left home a few years ago. I decided, finally, to try making my own.
Now, if you haven't seen krumkaker before, you should look up how beautiful they normally are (Wikipedia has some good pictures). They are supposed to be made on a thin iron (think waffle iron) with pretty designs, and rolled with a special conical rolling pin. But those are hard to find and probably expensive, so I decided to see what I could do with just the normal implements found in an American kitchen.
I think they turned out pretty well, all things considered!
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 6 T (1/2 c) Butter (I didn't have any normal butter in the fridge so I made some using this instructable. Delicious!)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 t Vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 t Cardomom (optional, but delicious)
- 1 c Flour
- Frying pan
- Cake pan or similar that fits inside the frying pan
- Hot pads
- Chopstick (or handle of a knife, or something else long and thin)
- Maybe a spatula
- Fresh fruit (blueberries and raspberries are best; I used cherries because they were lying around)