Introduction: Kulfi & Its Variations !!
Runner Up in the
Frozen Treats Contest
Kulfi is a popular frozen dairy dessert from the Indian Subcontinent. It is often described as "traditional Indian Subcontinent ice cream". As popularly understood, Kulfi has similarities to ice cream in appearance and taste; however it is denser and creamier.
Unlike ice creams, kulfi is not whipped, resulting in a solid, dense frozen dessert similar to traditional custard based ice cream. Thus, it is sometimes considered a distinct category of frozen dairy-based dessert. Due to its density, kulfi takes longer time to melt than ice-cream.
Step 1: Ingredients, Variations & Supplies !
1) 3 cups milk
2) 3/4 cup condensed milk
3) 1/2 cup milk powder
4) 3/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
1) 3 Big Strawberries.
2) 1 table spoon Nutella.
3) 1 Mango
1) Non stick Pan
3) Mixing bowl
4) Hand Mixer
5) Plastic Cups ( i used this coz i did not have the popsical maker or the traditional kulfi maker )
Step 2: The Process Starts !!
This is a common step for any kind of the variation/ Flavour.
1) Add Milk, Condensed milk & Milk Powder in a non stick pan and bring to a boil on a medium flame.
2) Add the cardamom powder.
3) Let it simmer for around 25-30 min till the mixture starts to thicken.
4) Once the mixture has thickened, Remove from flame and keep it aside and let it cool completely.
Once this is done, your basic mixture is ready.
Step 3: Malai Kulfi !
Malai kulfi is a traditional form of the dessert and The mixture prepared is the basic kulfi mixture. so you are almost done here.
1) add the mixture in the molds n freeze it for at least 8 hours.
2) Once done, remove it from the freezer, chop it into pieces and Njoi !
3) or you can enjoy it as a popsicle too.
Step 4: Mango Kulfi !
Since I like to enjoi my kulfies in different flavors. This one is about adding mango to it.
1) Peel the skin of the mango n remove the seed.
2) Using the hand mixer, make the mango into a pulp.
3) Pour the earlier mixture into the mold and add this pulp. mix it lightly.
4) Set it to freeze for 8 hrs.
5) Once done, remove it from the freezer, chop it into pieces and Njoi !
6) or you can enjoy it as a Popsicle too
Step 5: Choclate Kulfi !
Of course, its everyone's favorite flavor.
1) Pour the earlier mixture into the mould and add Chocolate.You can add chocolate chips too. mix it lightly.
2) Set it to freeze for 8 hrs.
3) Once done, remove it from the freezer, chop it into pieces and Njoi !
Step 6: Strawberry Kulfi ! (Personal Favorite....NOM NOM NOM)
1) Using the hand mixer, make strawberry into a pulp.
2) Pour the earlier mixture into the mould and add this pulp. mix it lightly.
3) Set it to freeze for 8 hrs.
4) Once done, remove it from the freezer, chop it into pieces and Njoi !
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.