Estimated completion time: 5-6 hours
I made this as part of my wife's Halloween costume. It is a health pack the survivors carry in
the zombie survival game Left 4 Dead. I tried to make it as dimensionally accurate as
possible by comparing about a dozen in game screen shots to game items with dimensions
I knew (i.e. 1911 pistol).
I did end up making a few changes that are not really that apparent. I used ripstop nylon
though the game one does not. Also, I scaled the size down by about 20%. A full size pack
seemed kind of awkward and unwieldy mounted on the back.
Click the little i in the top corner of an image to see its full size.
Materials - FIG 1-1
With the exception of the printable fabric sheets, all the materials I used can be found at
- 1 Yard x 420 Denier Coated Ripstop Packcloth Nylon Fabric - Chili Pepper Red
- 4 Yard x 3/4" Polypropylene Webbing - Black
- 2 x ¾" Ladderlock Buckles - Black
- 4 x Metal Zipper - Black (two should be slightly smaller)
- 1 x Red thread
- 1 x Black thread
- 1 x White thread
- 1 x EQ Printables - Premium Cotton Satin Inkjet Printable Fabric Sheets
- 1 x 1" D-ring
- 1 x Large Bag of cotton stuffing or a few packs of tissue paper.
- Some assorted fabric scraps.
- Straight-stitch sewing machine (with zipper foot)
- Lighter or heat gun
- Ink Jet Printer
- Razor Knife
- Hand sewing materials