Since I moved to Netherlands, I felt the need to protect my beloved italian race bike but since my apartment is only 20 square meters, I struggled to find a cheap solution.
The great thing of this project is that I can still use the table to put my phone while charging and the Tv remote.
I think that the lack is one of the best products of ikea: it's cheap, lite, can be transformed in anything (you you need some inspiration you can take a look at my instructable's guide "hack the lack") and its design is timeless.
Step 1: Tools
- Drill (an electric screwdriver is enough)
- LACk table from Ikea
- Vinavil glue
- White spray can
Step 2: Cut out the space for the bike wheel
- Before starting to cut, measure the wheel of your bike
- Draw some guidelines with a pen directly on the lack
- Start cutting using the Jigsaw following the lines. Drill some holes in the corners to avoid breaking the saw.
Step 3: Cover the cut in the table (optional)
- First, remove the paper between the 2 layer of birch ( this tiny layer of paper is the one that give structure to your lack 0_0 )
- Rotate the cut-out piece and reposition it into the cut in the lack you just made with the jigsaw (see third photo)
- Add some vinavil glue and wait it to dry for 24 hours (yes, I know, it's a lot of time!)
- You can also colour the brown parts with a spray can