Introduction: "EDUCAACION" LEARNING WITH ARDUINO ESPLORA AND JAVA
This instructable will teach you how to make an object that teach in three ways the “Physical computing model” with the teaching system “Educaación”: (1) Conceptual way, (2) methodologic way and (3) functional way; this object it´s made up with a virtual part and a physic part, this parts allow in a better way the interaction of the student with the object and tries to makes the teaching more enjoyable.This object was made with a “Raspberry Pi 3” and one “Arduino Esplora”, the “Raspberry Pi 3” has the Operative System (In this case: Raspbian) and the “Arduino Esplora” was used as a control.This game has a video that teaches the student the concepts of the “Physical computing model”, also has questions that the student can answer in a different way (With buttons, dragging images and moving the potentiometer). For the implementation of the project we used this materials:
- Arduino Esplora
- RaspBerry Pi 3
- Cable Micro USB Cable HDMI
- MicroSD (Upon 4GB)
- Straw cardboard
- Exact measurements of the Arduino Esplora
Step 1: For the Programming of the RaspBerry
- Internet connection
- Download the operative system (Raspbian) available here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/
- Connect the MicroSD to the computer
- Format the MicroSD
- Install the operative system as an disk image in the MicroSD following this steps:
- Download Win32 Disk Image, available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
- Open Win32 Disk Image
- Select the image of the operative system previously download (Raspbian)
- Select the device that you’re going to flash with the operative system (The letter of the MicroSD that you inserted previously)
- Click on write and let the process finish
- Connect the microSD to the Raspberry Pi
- Wait the start screen of raspbian and when it loads you’re gonna see the desktop (it’s like the desktop of windows, but with the Start bar in the top of the screen) See the image above.
- Now, click on the menu Button and proceed to download the rest of the programs to programming arduino.
Step 2: For the Programming of the Arduino on Arduino IDE
- In the browser of Raspbian, download the Arduino IDE from here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- Open the commands terminal
- Access to the folder where the IDE was downloaded, in pur case was the downloads folder: cd Downloads
- Unpack the file with the command: tar -xvf arduino-nightly-linuxarm.tar.xz
- Open the unpacked folder: cd arduino-nightly
- Install it with the commands: chmod +x install.sh
- And we got the Arduino IDE on our Raspbian.
Step 3: Netbeans 8.2
- download the Netbeans IDE 8.2, in the page, change the platform
- download to OS independent ZIP, like in the picture below, Netbeans download available here: https://netbeans.org/downloads/
- When the download is finished, open the download folder, right click on the downloaded file and unpack it.
- Open the unpacked folder and open the bin folder and double click on the Netbeans program.
- Now, you can open java projects with Netbeans IDE.
Download the file
of the programming of Arduino and Netbeans
Connect the Arduino Esplora to the RaspBerry Pi, open the Arduino IDE, open the downloaded project of arduino, and load it to the Esplora.
Open the Netbeans IDE and open the downloaded file and enjoy interacting with the arduino esplora to the interface.