I was recently looking at some binary clocks and I felt like Why not? I have everything to make one and I don't have a clock in my room.
So I decided to build one and here it is. Hope you Like it and maybe build your own.
It's a cool project because it's your very own, unique clock, it's easy to make, it's highly customizable in both size/shape and firmware/functions, it is Arduino based/compatible AND it looks good.
Step 1: What you'll need
- cardbord/wood box(you choose the size)
- DC WallWart 5V out at least 250 mA
- Arduino or Atmega328/168/88/48
- (if not using an Arduino) 16Mhz crystal and caps (the more precise, the better).
- 13x 220 Ohms Resistors.
- 13x LEDs (your preferred color)
- A lot of Wire.
- 3x pushbuttons (PCB mount)
- (optional) 1x LDR (light dependant Resistor) OR 1x Pushbutton (enclosure mount)
- Soldering Iron and solder.
- Cutter/Xacto Knife.
- wire strippers.
- Computer (I guess you have one if you're reading this).
- (if not using an Arduino) USBtiny ISP.