The DODOcase VR viewer V1.1 is an inexpensive kit based on the Google Cardboard project. This viewer works with many cellphones and provides a neat Virtual Reality experience, many VR applications are available.
I recently saw Guardians of the Galaxy and thought, it would be cool if the DODOcase VR Viewer looked more like the Star Lord Helmet from the movie. I happened to only have large reflectors, so my project turned into more of an LED Cyclops modification, but perhaps this instructable will inspire someone else to build a DodoCase Star Lord Mask
Parts and Supplies Needed
- Cardboard - I used the box the DODOcase VR came in
- Reflector lens (just the cover of the reflector)
- LED light
- Resistor - 330 Ohm
- Electrical Tape
- 9V battery holder and Battery
- Solder and Soldering iron
First Build the VR Viewer.
There are instructions in the kit and even Instructables that explain how to build the VR, but here's a short video showing me assembling one. Should give you all the clues you need to build yours
Step 1: Next Build the LED Cyclops Mod Attachment
Next Build the LED Light attachment
- Cut two rectangles of cardboard the shape of the front of the DodoCase VR (If you want to use the Camera, and some VR apps do, leave a hole in both new layers)
- The top layer holds the reflector lens in place
- The next layer down holds the LED light and has wires taped to it.
- Here's an instructable that can help you determine which if any resistor you need. https://www.instructables.com/id/LEDs-for-Beginners...
- Solder the resistor to the 9V adapter and then to the LED
- Attach the 9V battery to the inside of the viewer as shown
- Run the wires into the original VR Viewer camera hole and attach it to the 9V battery
- To get the full cyclops effect, maybe I should add a headband strap https://www.instructables.com/id/Headband-For-DoDo-...