Step 1: Gather the Materials
- addressable RGB LED strip : I used a new variety of three conductor WS2811 strips.
- an Arduino : I used a Arduino Leonardo. Any 5vdc Arduino should be adequate.
- 4 AA batteries and a battery holder are a nice touch to make it more portable.
- prototyping board or prototyping Arduino Shield
- potentiometer for brightness control
- maybe some connectors for the power and motor could come in handie
- headers to secure hardware to Arduino
- misc wire for LED strip and potentiometer
- 3M Double Sided Foam Tape for sticking Arduino and LEDs in place
- Flipbookit MOTO-FLIP from flipbookit.net : http://flipbookit.bigcartel.com/product/flipbookit-moto <-- this thing is super easy to build