Please visit my webpage for more on this and other projects:
Disclaimer: I am not Jewish. I have done a bit of Internet research about the Hanukkah Menorah in order to learn the principles behind it's design, and how the candles are lit. I respect this religion and mean no offense in the case of any errors I have made regarding this tradition. Please contact me and I will be happy to make changes to this instructable.
Step 1: The Design
- Controlled by an AVR ATtiny13
- Interfaced with 1 push button
- Driven by ~3v of unregulated power
- Incorporate an auto-off function to simulate the candles burning out each night.
A schematic is available below.
For those electrical engineers reading this, I have two points to make:
1. I did not use a pull-up resistor for the reset pin, it is left floating. This is not a critical application so if we have a random reset it's not the end of the world.
2. I did not use a decoupling capacitor because I'm using unregulated power and I don't think it's essential.